Come listen to living prophets

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My two wonderful men made it a very lovely Mother's Day. I only had to get myself ready for church. Brent got Will ready and even ironed his own shirt. (ok, truth be told, he only ironed the front of the shirt that would show.) When I came out of the bedroom there was a yummy breakfast of fruit and crumpets waiting for me.

At church Brent had arranged for all of the women to attend Sunday School and Relief Society by organizing the men to take over all of their classes. This is the first time it has happened in this ward and the women were feeling very spoiled and grateful. I received many words of praise and gratitude to Brent.

After church we went for a little Spring drive and spent a little time at the park where Will quickly struck up a friendship with a little girl there and they fed the ducks (with lots of little ducklings in tow) and the birds.
When we got home I automatically launched into my regular routine, but Brent told me to go relax and he took care of everything the rest of the day. He made lunch and dinner, and even fresh fruit smoothies.
I am very lucky to have two of the best males ever living with me. Thank you Brent and Will!!


6 comments:

Ashley said...

What a nice mother's day. :) Isn't that so typical to only iron the front of the shirt? That's hilarious. :)

Sheryl said...

those are some really cutie boys!! You are blessed, and so are they!!

Jana Howard said...

How cute!! What a fabulous husband you have and what an awesome little man you have. Love them! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. You definitely deserve it! Thanks for loving me even with my kankles! :) Ha Ha!!

Heidi said...

WOW! that is one great husband you have! It was the complete opposite for me. Matt had to teach yesterday and totally forgot about it. I did get lunch made for me though. Love those mother's days!
Happy Mother's day to you!

John & Rebekah said...

What a husband! Good for you. I think mine forgot it was Mother's Day. Josiah reminded me of all the things mothers get to do for our children:) - he has Strep (didn't know it on Sunday but found out later this week). Geneva saved the day with a couple of things she made for me:) I'm lucky to have Geneva around now I just need her to remind her dad of things:).

Glad to see life is treating you well! Your son is just way cute and so grown up already:( Time flies! Has it really been that long? Miss you guys! Rebekah

Katie Jean said...

good job boys:) there's nothing like a nice relaxing day to yourself.