Come listen to living prophets

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Batter Up!

Yesterday was the first T-Ball game of the season! Will was in Smart Start Baseball last Spring where they learned the skills to play but didn't play any games. So this is his first year to actually play games against other teams. He was excited to learn that his friends from church, Isaac and Caleb are also on his team. We were impressed with our coach, Jake Francom, who knew all of the boys names at the very first practice.

Will, Isaac Craig, Caleb Williams
Team Picture
(although Will isn't looking at the camera,
at least he is not the one picking his nose! :)
Will getting some catching direction from Coach Jake

and then some batting instruction

Will playing his position outfield
(or... just looking at flowers)

Will playing his position as shortstop
(or... finding something interesting in the dirt)

Although instructed to play only their own position,
as soon as the ball was hit, all of the boys would run after the ball.
It made for lots of fun for the spectators!

Everyone plays, everyone runs all of the bases
(there is no such thing as getting "out" or keeping score)
Giving the other team a shout out.

GO WASATCH!!

5 comments:

Brendon said...

Will is so cute! I'm glad he's doing t-ball. I remember t-ball days (but we had our mom keep score, even though there was no score that should have been kept...I think that's when I started getting my competitive nature). That picture is hilarious with the nose-picker.

Hey, cute background! I didn't realize I copied you. Good taste! And I, too, am bummed that you won't be in Utah when I'm there. I guess I/we will have to plan another trip out to Utah ;)

Sheryl said...

Oh...the traditions of dandelion pickers in the family!! I love the pictures, I will have to send you the team picture of Cody and Skyler's team...it is so fun! Yay Will!

Heidi said...

OH that is so so great! I am so excited that you got your camera out for that. He is so cute! Love that boy! and as for the dandelions... Jackson has decided to eat them as of late. YAY for us.

Jana Howard said...

I am laughing so hard right now at the picture of Will in the field with the flowers! Too funny! I love it! What a great time! Wish I were there to see it!!

Katie Jean said...

Lori i must say i am very impressed with all the updates! its wonderful. Will in t-ball-i love it. he is such a character. what a qt