Come listen to living prophets

Monday, August 31, 2009

The First Day of Kindergarten!!

Will was "a little bit nervous" just before it was time to leave for school.
"mommy, i'm a little bit nervous.
i think you need to stay with me all day at school."
"i can't Will. i have to go to the office today. but remember daddy gave you a blessing last night that you wouldn't be nervous at school."
the backpack
Will wanted a superheroes backpack
(even after Brent and I showed him ALL of the other "cool" backpacks)
he was insistant that this was in fact his backpack!
leaving for school....
(not so nervous now)

running to school....
and telling everyone he saw on the way,
"today is my first day of school!"

as I stopped Will from running out into the street....
I showed him the crosswalk just a few feet away!

and there he met
Ellen, the Crossing Guard


finally, getting to school!


and then he had to be reminded that he was not outside, and had to come back out of his classroom and walk in nicely...
(and of course, pose for another picture!)

He found his coat/backpack hook with his name on it.



And his very own cubby with all of his new school supplies...

...and a pose with his new binder, ...


... and his teacher, Mrs. Perry.

and then he found a table with some boys already doing some puzzle games and introduced himself, and I said goodbye. He didn't look back.
Obviously, the nervousness was gone. :)
Will's good friend from Primary, Isaac is also in his class.

His friend, Caleb is in another Kindergarten class,
but we saw him after school.
Will LOVED his first day of Kindergarten!!
and is looking forward to more days to come! :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

what a cute boy! Love it! he is so hilarious! Im so glad he ran and was telling everyone that it was his first day of school. I bet he comes home with some great stories through out the day!

Sheryl said...

YOUR Boy is in SCHOOL!!! I knew he would be great, How did mommy do??

Brendon said...

I can't believe how big Will is getting. He definately looks older than the last time I saw him. He's so cute!

nancyz said...

Lori- you did an AWESOME job documenting Will's first day of kindergarten. I really felt your pride through your comments and the pics. The one with him running is so great!! But my favorite is the one with his teacher. Nice job, my friend!